Posted in Alternative Health, Life Improvement, Living in a Magickal Universe, Uncategorized, tagged "Adventures in Palmistry", "The Lands That Lie Between", "The Psychic Power of Your Dreams", attraction, Catherine, energetic levels, filling your bucket, Foresight, Foresight Publications, Magick for Pennies, Manifesting Something Better, The Practical Empath on January 21, 2016 |
Leave a Comment »
Here we are in the dark time of the year, and it’s easy to get down and blue when the days are short and dark and cold. When we get the blues, the vibrational level of our energy fields also drops down lower, and tends to attract more of the things we don’t want and less of the things we do.
How do we break out of this downwards cycle? Well, as noted in previous posts, you need to fill your own bucket. You need to pay attention to what gives you joy or strength or peace and make a point of making time for more of that in your life on a regular basis.
But what if you don’t know what that is?…
Many of us have spent so much time doing the things we’ve been told are important that we’ve lost track of what actually makes us happy. We rarely get a moment to nurture ourselves… and when that moment occasionally happens, it speeds by and is gone before we can figure out what to do with it.
There’s lots of good ways to figure that out, and I’ll be talking about them in upcoming posts. For now, I’d like to recommend a book called The Woman’s Comfort Book by Jennifer Loudon. It’s a great reference for figuring out and remembering how to nurture yourself. Check it out and enjoy.
previous posts- (Some Things Fill Your Bucket, Filling Your Bucket, Filling Your Bucket- Make a List, Filling Your Bucket- Everybody Needs Theme Music, Filling Your Bucket- Listen To Your Body, Filling Your Bucket- Visual Aids, and Filling Your Bucket- Make a Date)
Read Full Post »
Posted in Life Improvement, Uncategorized, tagged "Adventures in Palmistry", "The Lands That Lie Between", "The Psychic Power of Your Dreams", Catherine, Foresight, Foresight Publications, Magick for Pennies, Manifesting Something Better, New Year's resolutions, The Practical Empath on January 5, 2016 |
Leave a Comment »
– so what are you going to do with it?
(No really- what great things do you want to do with this gift of a new year?…)
I hear a lot of people talking about New Year’s resolutions with scorn or dismissal. The prevailing story is that resolutions are meaningless commitments that you make that you never intend to keep and that you will abandon by January 15th, or 30th at the latest.
But those are just stories; and you can always choose to tell yourself another story.
Let me lay some ideas on you that you might want to think about.
- Resolutions are just a fancy name for goals that you set at the beginning of the year.
- If you never set any goals, it’s likely that you’ll get little to nothing done.
- We tend to be happier when we are making thing happen that we want to happen.
- We’re all setting goals all the time, both big ones (I’m going to travel to Paris) and little ones (I’m going to get up to get to work on time.)
- Goals only work if you do the work to make them happen.
- Goals are like promises that you make to yourself. If you make a promise to someone and break it, they stop trusting you. If you set a goal and don’t keep it, you stop trusting yourself (which can screw you up in quite a number of ways.)
- We all fall down on our goals at some point. Some people use that as a reason to quit, but you can also chose to see failing sometimes as part of the process and get back onto that horse.
- Finally, you can set a goal or make a resolution at any time of the year, but turning points tend to help people to make a change. New Year’s day. Your birthday. Your anniversary
So, you can have a mediocre year that leaves you feeling blah and wondering where it went- or you can have a year where you make astounding things happen and invite miracles into your life.
The difference is goals.
So what are you going to do with 2016?
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better”, “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her newest book “Magick for Pennies”, all from Foresight Publications, click here
and for the Kindle version of Manifesting Something Better, click here
Read Full Post »