We’ve talked about clearing your tools with intention, with sun and moonlight, with water and with earth. Let’s talk about using another element for clearing- lets talk about air.
The best way to clear energy with air is the use of sound. There are lots of ways that you can smudge an object or a space with sound. You can:
- chant or tone,
- use other percussion instruments, such as rattles,
- clap your hands or stomp your feet,
- use a singing bowl,
- or pretty much any other kind of sound that you chose.
The basics of smudging with sound are:
- position the object or yourself so the sound gets into every part of the tool or space. This may mean that you position yourself so that you can bathe the tool in sound from all sides or that you have to move around the object or space so you get every part of it.
- set an intention that the sound will clear your tool of any energy that is unnecessary, dysfunctional or harmful and that energy will be disposed of safely or recycled into something positive.
- be aware that, in the process of clearing with sound, some of the sounds may be unpleasant or unharmonious. Roll with that.
- Listen to your body and your inner wisdom for cues on when you may make the sound louder or softer, spend more time on a section, or change the rhythm or pitch of your sound.
- Places where the sound suddenly changes (quieter/softer/muddy)are places where there is stuck energy and extra sound is needed.
When the sound sounds right and you feel like the energy is good, your tool is cleared.
(and if you missed the previous posts:
Clearing Your Tools
Clearing Your Tools- A Quick List of Options
Clearing Your Tools- Setting An Intention
Clearing Your Tools- Sunlight and Moonlight Clearing Your Tools-Water and Clearing Your Tools-Earth)
There’s more clearing coming in the future…
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better”, “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her newest book “Magick for Pennies”, all from Foresight Publications, click here
and for the Kindle version of Manifesting Something Better, click here