“So, where do you get your ideas..?”
One of the key tools in writing is creativity. Whether you’re putting your own spin on a familiar topic or telling a whole new story, creativity’s what makes your writing interesting, readable and uniquely yours.
What do you do when you go to the well of creativity, and the well’s gone dry? When you’re stuck, blocked or can’t come up with a new idea? What if you’ve always had a problem thinking creatively?
This practical “play-shop” is a hands-on, experiential class on how creativity works, and lots of easy ways to get in touch with your own creative spirit. You’ll learn about:
- The neurological side of creativity. How stimulating your brain can improve your writing.
- How fear blocks creativity. How to face those fears and stomp them flat.
- Building surroundings that support your creativity, as opposed to draining it.
- Breaking free of mental ruts, and the tyranny of “the right answer.”
- A toolbox full of techniques to help you get in touch with your natural creativity.
- How to develop a “creativity plan” that specifically meets your unique needs.
- And a whole lot more…
This is not a “one size fits all” universe. For this reason, this class is packed full of an assortment of ways to get creative, so you can find the ones that work best for you. Come prepared to participate, learn something and have a good time while you do it.
On Feb 23, from 2-6 pm, I’ll be teaching this playshop on creativity in Danbury, Connecticut on behalf of the Fairfield County Writer’s group. The price is right, but seating is limited, so if this seems like the kind of thing that would be interesting fun or of service to you, please reserve your seat in advance. For more information, please go to https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/events/122698717906582/
And I hope to see you there.
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her new book “Manifesting Something Better” all from Foresight Publications, click here
Read Full Post »